Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
WhackWhack, that was in 1984 when Joe Pieri from Buffalo and John Tronolone from Cleveland went to see Fat Tony. Persico tapped Joe Pieri to be boss through Donnie Shacks, with support from Tony Ducks. The real issue was Joe Todaro Jr. Running around with submachine guns when Big Paul issued the no violence policy through Giacomo Luppino, during the selection process of Buffalo Boss. Fat Tony felt that Persico was pushing Buffalo to war and was cooling the Snakes engine's. Big Paul and The Chin decided on Todaro Sr. Becoming boss. Fat Tony reminded Joe Pieri to inform the factions of Buffalo Pieri/Todaro that the Commission will decide. Interestingly, Joe Todaro Sr. decided to spend some vacation time in New York City after that meeting.

The exact quote:
"Tell him the Commission from New York - tell him he's dealing with the big boys now," - Fat Tony Salerno.
"I'll send word to Junior to straighten this thing out. I'll get a hold of Junior," said Salerno, who added authoritatively: "The Commission wants it straightened out."

Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Capos in the Bonanno and Genovese crime families.

You're still being quite vague, Giacomo. Please provide some more details. Who, in particular, supported the leadership change in Buffalo (which, by the way, I still don't believe)?

Vinny TV? Nicky Santora? Joe C? Joe Desi? Little Anthony? Patty Boy Falcetti? Figgy? Conrad? Baldy? Danny Pagano? Tico?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how did you get this information. An LE source or an underworld source? How open was this leadership thing in NY?