I understand they are not the almighty power they use to be.

I disagree, based on my understanding and talks within my circles that the family does have a hierarchy though. More of a ruling panel, (as I stated in my 2016 posts) top tier guys who have underlings and that there really arent any capos. The identifiers for the family are loose, similar to how Canada and Chicago have associates who hold power but no quote on quote made status. From what I have heard, tribute is paid, union corruption is still existent, gambling and shy are still big sources of money, the connection to Canada is as strong as its been in 20 years, I heard that many of them (that were able) came to both Falzones and Nicolettis funerals. What the mafia is today across every American city is different than what it use to be and per that reasoning and understanding of the evolution of the Mafia I think Buffalo is to still be considered an active family.

Also, from what I have heard, they are still under surveillance and local law enforcement still keeps tabs on them. Whether they, who are connected to a lot of these guys through family and friendships can build a case that shows RICO predicates us another matter altogether.

I have not spoken with any of the top tier guys lol. And even if I did, they could lie to whoever they want one way or another, and that includes to law enforcement, lawyers, investigators and journalists alike.

Dont worry about what Im doing