Originally Posted by alexandarns
Originally Posted by SoCalGangs
Originally Posted by alexandarns

As far as I know Florencia is very big in numbers and was growing, not to mention that they are very dangerous. maybe the most dangerous? And as far as the 70s go I think the bigest hispao gangs were in east los, white fence,etc What do you think SoCal?

Florencia is big. Once considered the second biggest behind 18st. Maybe still is, gang number estimates are difficult.

A lot of Chicano gangs were deep in the 70’s. But not just East LA and Boyle Heights. Clanton 14th Street comes to mind which was once pretty deep in the 1960’s and 70’s, before 18st took over their stronghold in Pico Union.

would you say that the 38th street gang was bigger and stronger in the 70s and 80s than f13? Can you compare the 38th st with other big gangs i that time period please? Thank you very much for your answer.

I can’t say for certain if 38th Street was bigger than F13 in those days. Ive never heard that but I’m not old enough to know. 38th Street has always been a major gang in their part of the city, that’s for sure. I do see 38 as being one of the bigger and well known older Chicano gangs in all LA.