TOMB RAIDER

As an action film, it felt bland. Alicia Vikander was passable as Lara Croft and I was really happy to see Walton Goggins stretch his wings further as the lead villain as I've always been a fan of his from first seeing him on FX's THE SHIELD (an underrated show IMO). Even Walton I felt was bland, the action scenes were somewhat dull with the exception of the waterfall and Lara grabbing onto part of a plane that is briefly shown in trailers. I believe I saw the original 2 starring Angelina Jolie but don't remember anything good or bad about them so they obviously didn't make much of an impression on me. Overall, this felt like a cheap rip off of an Indiana Jones film. 5.5/10

7 DAY IN ENTEBBE

The true story of Palestinian and Palestinian sympathizers who hijack a plane headed for Paris and reroute it to Entebbe, Uganda to negotiate the release of Palestinian prisoners. The trailer hooked me as it looked pretty interesting and it was. Rosamund Pike has been putting her work in lately with HOSTILES, this and BEIRUT coming out later this summer. I enjoy her work as well as Daniel Brühl's who is also one of the hijackers. Not very suspenseful but still enjoyable watching it all pay out. I don't say that to be disrespectful towards the victims but rather as a movie going experience. 6/10