Originally Posted by BensonHURST

http://aboutthemafia.com/investigat...f-the-buffalo-mafia-family#disqus_thread

I am sure everyone has seen the above.

It appears that LE is referencing a source I image someone is either CI , or someone who already flipped on the case.

They are going as far to mention titles I.E. Violi is the underboss.
Operating in Canada controlling the Canada faction.
On the American side the boss of the family is operating.

You must have misread the article, so I'm not going to berate you or whatever. But LE has no said that the Buffalo family is still active. They have not named Violi as the underboss. They have not named a Canada faction. They have not named an American faction. That's plain wrong. I skim-read the article, since it basically rehashes everything that was said on Cosa Nostra News and the other mob forums, but I don't see anything in there which even alludes to the fact that LE thinks the family is active.

My point is not that Buffalo is as strong as either of these families however, you cannot say for sure if and how they are operating.

What we do have is an indictment that shows they are active today.
And a source that is saying the family is fully intact.

The source could be full of shit or may be 1000% CORRECT.
How could we tell? TIME WILL TELL.
How do we believe anything that anyone's says for that matter?

We do not have an indictment that shows they are active today. We know that members of the Todaro crime family were arrested in Canada. If, for instance, Dennis Librizzi was arrested for bookmaking, that would not be proof that the Milwaukee crime family is still active. It is completely plausible that a 71-year-old mobster like Librizzi could be committing crimes, but I'm sure no one will argue with me that it wouldn't be on behalf of the "Milwaukee crime family." This is what I believe is the scenario here. The narrative that you are running is that the feds have actively disclosed that the Todaro crime family is active. That is simply not true.
Regarding the Todaro crime family in Canada, the last real news we have is from 1997, when the crew's capo and top lieutenant were murdered by the Musitano mob group in a (successful) effort to dismantle the crew's operations. There was no retaliation from the Todaros. None whatsoever.

The ney Sayers asked for proof
Proof has been provided

I think it is up to the ney Sayers to dis-prove it at this point.

Maybe the moderators can interject at this point as to the acceptable rules?

There has been NO PROOF that the family is active. I cannot stress that enough. You are simply wrong if you say there is.