You just stated above that price increases will be negligible, and if it helps American workers you're all for it.

I didn't let my kids play with Chinese made toys, and i paid the higher prices for American or European ones. I do the same with cosmetics and toiletries. If it says made in China, and its going to come in contact with my body i dont buy it.

Adding tariffs won't decrease the prices of American goods, it will just increase the prices of imported ones. I guess that's a way of leveling the field but you'll still be paying more.

So, given that the main factor in import vs domestic prices on goods is the cost of American labor how do you level the playing field without having American consumers paying more for those goods? Ask our workers to work for global level wages? Have the government own factories or industries, like they do in China?

Last edited by helenwheels; 03/15/18 12:32 PM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?