Originally Posted by Aces
LCN was much more organized, controlled unions, pension funds, various industries, and blended in with society.. they were much more sophisticated than gangs. Gangs have an almost immature,unsophisticated connotation associated with them by how they conduct themselves.
You ever see how a gangbanger dresses? They look ridiculous. Gangs are basically viewed as neighborhood cancers that victimize innocent woman and children. LCN always kept their neighborhoods safe.

Yeah the LCN did all those things way back before law enforcement had the the tools to combat them. So what’s left of them right now?

Another difference is LCN seems to be mainly about making money, extorting, intimidation, etc. I really hate this idea that the mob is somehow morally superior than street gang members. That’s total BS. Wasn’t it the mob that extorted small businesses in their own communities? What’s so moral about threatening to break someone’s knee caps if they don’t pay up? That’s what I mean about romanticization of the mob.

“how gang members dress.”? Gangs Across the country are pretty diverse. You’re likely going off a media stereotype. Where I live active gang members don’t dress how you think they do. I’ve seen how modern day LCN guys dress and how they look though. Morbidly obese fat slobs that look like they just rolled out bed before they get to court. Now those guys look dirty and disgusting.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 03/13/18 11:58 PM.