Ndrangheta did same kind of massacres, not in Calabria but in GERMANY... They also killed politicians and shit, they even helped toto during his crazy rampage. They also had wars which cost 500-1000 lives just like the Sicilian war. They control judges, have links with presidents etc etc,, and that is power. Killing eachother is not power, the real power is when you do your illegal buisnesses, the state, the people and everybody knows about it but they cant do shit, cause you got it all on lock.

Ndrangheta controls big cities all over the world. I dont think the Sicilians did that in that extend as Ndrangheta. ALTHOUGH the Sicilians controlled USA and thats like all the other countries combined so i dont know. But i personally think the Ndrangheta are stronger today than the Sicilian was then.

it's evident you don't know what happened in the 1980s...
sicilian mafia in the 1980s was stronger than today ndrangheta, and i'm not talking only about murders/violence (anyway ndrangheta never killed judges/policemen/jounralists, only a few compared to tons of sicilian mafia) sicilians at that time were strongly liked directly with giulio andreotti the most powerful italian politician ever, the masonic lodges were stronger at that time, same secret service and sicilian mafia was strongly connected with everyone
also in the 1980s italy was by far more corrupted than today, there were not only thousands of mafia-related murders (today only a few) but also slaughters done by mafia/secrte services/freemasons etc.
concerning abroad sicilians killed several people too, they were the strongest in usa/canada by far ,the stronger in all the northern big italian cities (milan/turin/genoa/bologna) and connections all over europe for heroin trafficking (germany/france/belgium/uk/spain etc.)