With everything going on in Canada, and the confusion over the status of Buffalo, I felt I'd ask a few questions.....

1. What do we know about the Vioili brothers?

2. Were they in fact made into the Buffalo family, or initiated into Ndrangheta?

3. Are they Bonnano family members, or affiliates who do business with them?

4. Who do they answer to? The American LCN, or the Ndrangheta ruling council in Canada? ( Their grandfather, is it? Luppino had a big hand in setting it up..)

5. I noticed there have been disagreements on whether Buffalo still has a formal functioning family. I'd ask a different question.....

First, ( of course, it's kinda my style, lol) an excerpt illustrating exactly WHY I think Buffalo is valuable as a territory......

“When Charles Luciano and his cohorts formalized the hegemony of the modern mob in 1931, the Mafia’s first ruling Commission seated seven bosses. These included representatives from New York and Chicago, which could only be expected, but also the boss of another, smaller city, one which you might not necessarily suspect would warrant the honor. Steven Magaddino of Buffalo.
Magaddino’s name stands out on that debut Mafia Commission among such worthies as Al Capone, Charlie Luciano, Joe Bonanno, and Joe Profaci. What was a humble lakeside cousin doing in this august company? But Magaddino of Buffalo controlled the smuggling routes from Canada, and that lent him enormous weight. Within the organization schema of organized crime, the Queen City, the City of Good Neighbors, the City of Light—all chamber of commerce nicknames for Buffalo—possessed a surprising primacy.
In this sense, strictly in terms of the 1950s mob geography, the choice of Apalachin had a logic all its own. Dope was becoming more and more the new reality of the mob, and Apalachin fell squarely within the territory of Magaddino, one of the country’s leading dope smugglers. Concealed in trucks and cars rattling down from Buffalo, headed to New York..

Now the question I would pose.... Instead of asking if Buffalo still has a LCN family, is it possible that the territory of Buffalo, has been absorbed into Ndrangheta territory? Instead of Ontario answering to Buffalo, could it be that this situation has been reversed?

( there was also a Sinaloa controlled drug market in Buffalo that was busted up last year or two years ago , and then we see the Vioilis indicted on Fentanyl trafficking.)

To my eyes, the border between Buffalo and Canada is valuable for the same reasons the Mexican border is valuable. Or places like Tampa, where it's more about smuggling routes and contraband. Because of this, could the WAY mobsters use the territory be more consistent with drug smuggling and trafficking instead of racketeering and taxing everything in Buffalo?