THE STRANGERS: PREY AT NIGHT

The original THE STRANGERS I thought was forgettable and this will follow suit. I personally didn't think the original necessitated a sequel but here we are. Judging by the number of people, or lack thereof in the theater, I had a feeling this would bomb. Not to take anything away from the victims who experienced these events first hand (again this film is based on actual events), the film is rather mundane. No scares, some gore, not a lot of dialogue. The casting wasn't the best and I don't feel the parents, (Christina Hendricks and Martin Henderson) didn't work well with the kids (Bailee Madison and Lewis Pullman). Bailee put forth the best effort as the bad girl who's pissed off at her parents for shipping her to boarding school. On the way there they spend a night in a trailer park owned by Christina Hendricks Uncle and that's when they cross paths with the strangers. Besides Bailee's performance the only redeeming quality I found with the film was a pretty decent soundtrack. An easy pass for those on the fence about seeing this. 5/10