I take some issues with Rooster's posts in the 2016 thread. I won't take what Giacomo Vacari says into account because he is an exposed & admitted liar.

"Members are still under surveillance by BPD and NYS Police, Im not sure about the Feds but they are thought to be viable per local and state law enforecement's definition." - There is no evidence of this happening, and if BPD and NYS police have been stalking mobsters continuously for over a decade, there would be at least one bust now. Also, I don't recall LE ever saying the mob is still active in Buffalo, and news reports have cited LE as saying the opposite.

"Per FBI standards they may be dead because they dont need to go after them at a federal level and resources go after the big drug suppliers there (Sinola) but per local and state law enforcement the family is still watched and several members are under surveillance. This is directly from law enforcement's mouth." - This is not directly from law enforcement's mouth. Where did LE say this? Give me a link. And don't just say that a cop told you in a bar one night.

"I know what goes on here and I have sources that are more than credible." - Yeah right. Why should anybody believe you? Nothing you've said has been proven right.

@Sonny Blackstein said this on the 2016 thread, which sums it up quite nicely:
"I also think it's suspicious that 'Rooster' who has 'street' knowledge claims not to know any members personally yet seems to know the hierarchy of a secret society and when they have making ceremonies, what crews are active etc etc " - That is an interesting point since if your sources were all law enforcement, and law enforcement knows about this secret society's making ceremonies, rackets, etc. why haven't there been any busts. All these cops are telling you stuff about the Buffalo mob and are illustrating their involvement in organized crime. Why hasn't there been a single bust in over 15 years??? Also, you have yet to explain anything about the "recent busts" you mentioned, even though I have asked you numerous times about them.

"That making ceremony was talked about in various circles many times over for years, this stuff isn't a secret." - Give me a break.

"Sources? ok no problem, Ill make sure to get notarized affidavits from all of them and possible see if they'll take a lie detector test that I can show you the results of because of the belief that you validating my stories means something to me." - I don't see why you're being sarcastic. It's perfectly acceptable to ask for sources. Otherwise anyone can bullshit.

By the way, you seem to have no problem citing Ron Fino as a source on the family's current matters since he mentioned 15+ years ago that the family had a chance of rebuilding and that the unions weren't fully cleaned up. But, as someone on the other thread mentioned, he posted this on his Facebook: http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/19/fbi-says-buffalos-mafia-family-ceased-operations/ which means he pretty much views the family as dead as well.