Originally Posted by BillyBrizzi
Originally Posted by doggystyle

This guy sounds interessing. Like a James Bond type of villain hehe. Is this a sign of Ndrangheta losing power?

Don Lucchesi from Godfather 3 also comes to mind..

Imo Lucchesi is more similar to Licio Gelli and other freemasons "above" the underworld. Giorgio De Stefano, even though he is a freemason, a lawyer and ex-politician, is more directly involved, he is a 'ndrangheta boss in the full sense of the word, he is or was the boss of the De Stefano 'ndrina: became boss after his cousin Paolo was whacked in 1985. It's said he participated in all the 'ndrangheta meetings related to the war, ordered murders, didn't want to make peace unless Paolo's killers were killed etc. During the war, he was on the run like the other bosses.

He is a hard-core gangster and a white-collar guy at the same time, I would say.

By the way, in the Italian documentary series "Blu notte" ("Blue night") with Carlo Lucarelli, in the episode about the history of the 'ndrangheta, it was said that, when Giorgio De Stefano was active in politics, during the local elections in Reggio Calabria he got so many votes that he overcame his own political party leader and was forced to ask people not to vote for him any more....Quite an insane but funny situation, if you ask me smile On the other hand, it's sad so many people were willing to vote for him...

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 03/05/18 12:12 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."