Originally Posted by Strax
Originally Posted by doggystyle

This guy sounds interessing. Like a James Bond type of villain hehe. Is this a sign of Ndrangheta losing power?

Not at all, same thing happened 2 years ago,when police uncovered secret 'Ndrangheta cupola that picked men for parliament.

The secret 'Ndrangheta 'cupola', members of the so called 'Santa', ruled the elections of several politicians at provincial, regional and national level; among them Giuseppe Scopelliti, ex mayor of Reggio Calabria, Umberto Pirilli, member of the European parlament and Felice Romeo (members of the Alvaro crime family) dirigent of regional forestals; they run the national and European funds destined to Calabria, they had links with Cosa Nostra, Camorra and Sacra Corona. Among the politicians who had links with the 'cupola' also Giovanni Alemanno, ex mayor of Rome, and Maurizio Gasparri, vice-president of Senate.

Its just that stuff like this are very rare,most of these people are untouchable. They are real brains behind the mafia

Do the Ndrangheta or the Italian mafia whatsoever have the same political influence in Italy like the Russian mafia has in Russia? I dont know how it is but i think the Russians has more power of the state or am i wrong? I know in Kosovo and Albania the mafia has complete control of the state, there the Prime ministers and presidents ARE the mafia, they are involved in drugs and shit but most of allt extortion and stealing the Funds they recieve.