Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
Lav, I finally watched Brokeback Mountain. You certainly don't want to hear all that I've to say and probably I'm going to get stoned and be labeled homophobic for saying this, which, I'm not. I really think this was a let down and I'm not sure how the adapted screenplay and the director, got nominations for this movie, let alone won Oscars on both counts.

I really think Academy was scared to be labeled homophobic, otherwise, this picture failed to build an understanding as to how even two rough cowboys may fall in love with each other. Unless you really need a movie to promote your ideas, I don't see how this could change homophobic minds, when it failed to impress one in favor of homosexual marriage. It stirred up no emotions for me, maybe a little for Alma, who brilliantly portrayed.
well, Afi, I'm sorry we do not agree but everyone is entitled to their own opinions and of course I respect yours. I'm not going into a discussion again. It's most comforting for me to see I'm definitely not alone in considering this movie a masterpiece. Take a look here .

If so many people all over the world needed to say "Thank you" to this movie there must be a reason. Jake Gyllenhall's blue eyes, stunning as they are, are not enough.

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)