Originally Posted by Stubbs
Originally Posted by doggystyle
One thing i dont understand is that they say the Mexicans run the coke buisness since they basically took it from the colombians. But still you see the main Mexican ( EL chapo) being charged with smuggling only 200 tons of cocaine throughout his years. Alfredo beltran leyva was charged with even smaller amount i think it was some 90 tons.

When the Flores twins phone was tapped you see that they talked to El chapo and it wasnt tons involved, it was about 10-20 kilos, of heroin thou but still. CAN it possibly be that the media overhype the Mexicans when it comes to the dominance of the drug trade?

They're likely only charging him with what's provable. Plus, they've already got so much evidence he's never getting out of jail, so I'd guess it doesn't matter if he's charged with 10 kilos vs 100 kilos.... like being charged with 10 murders vs 20 murders, what's the difference? Life in Florence Supermax is life.

I bet the government would like to state that they have removed a guy who is bringing in 300 tons a year more than a guy who has brought in 250 tons for 20 years.

But then on the other hand media is media, i am reading about Ecuadors new Pablo Escobar Washington Prada (Gerald) and he also is accused of smuggling 250 tons but then later they say he had 10 boats with 1 ton in each of them moving every week. thats 10 tons a week. So one does not know what to think