Originally Posted by WhackWhack
Originally Posted by thebigfella
Italian population in Buffalo is 149,003, the Mafia didn't just run Buffalo but also the surrounding areas, just from bookmaking and loan sharkingwhen was buffalo's last making ceremony

Maybe the Italian Population in the Buffalo-Niagara Region but definitely not the city of Buffalo, which has a population of under 300,000. I live in NB right near the old Italian Fest. During the 90's there was definitely a known mafia presence in the area but today there is almost zero. Like mentioned before what's benefit does bing connected to the Magaddino family and having to pay tribute give a young Italian American in joining besides being known to LE even sooner? Buffalos family is nothing compared to the 5 families so if your about to say "gain access to the family's loansharking $ at half a point to put out there" or something I just highly doubt the family is functioning let alone thriving. Of course there are soldiers and associates still active in crime in WNY. It's just that there are probably very few under the age of 50.

Good post WhackWhack. Of course, whilst I don't believe that the Buffalo family as an entity is still active, I wouldn't dispute you if you said Frank Bifulco or Russell Carcone are still active in crime.