Originally Posted by blueracing347
Were you at one time a cop? How can you make these claims? What experiences in life have you had that you can weigh in on anything?

I quoted from a Mainstream News source, who listed the occupation 11th Most Dangerous, ranking them in order from 1-11.
Cop was 11-11. Most Dangerous.

NOW, Factor in that there are many MORE Cops than Fishermen and Loggers.
And Factor IN the Cops that work in High Crime Large Metro Cities vs those in whitebread Iowa, Vermont, NH, WY, MT, ND, SD etc, and you have a Very Dangerous Job.

As mentioned, I have friends whose occupation are cops, 1 a former police chief, and others who are truck drivers. I know from personal testimony that being a cop here in SW Ohio is Far more dangerous than as a trucker on our interstates. Id roof or drive a truck on I75 anyday vs serving a Felony warrant.

Some of this is Common Sense, and you have to apply it and know HOW to read stats, and interpret them.
And I hope you read the part of the stat I listed that showed that cop murders are down almost 50% in the last 6 years.
From 1970 to 1980 police deaths averaged 231 per year.
1980 to 1989: police deaths averaged 190.7.
1990 to 1999: police deaths averaged 161.5.
2000 to 2009: police deaths averaged 165.
2013 to 2014: police deaths averaged 113.'

Factor those murders at previous levels just a few years ago, and a cop is the 7th most dangerous job.
Again, they are De-Policing to stay out of Rev Jesse and Al Sharptons cross hairs.

Now, with Trump, they can get back to actually do their jobs, which are basically thankless in most black and hispanic hoods.
But carry on with the Police bash fest ad Black Lives Matter all you want.

Last edited by aidanbrexit; 02/26/18 08:56 PM.