It’s irritating that MS13 has been this hyped up in the media. 200 murdered linked to them in 5 years yet supposedly they have 10,000 members nationwide. That almost confirms what I’ve always believed, that the average MS13 member isn’t so scary after all. I’m not meaning to be callus towards any victims but that number sounds low for a gang supposedly that big. You could probably tally up large sounding numbers for any major US gang if you really wanted to. On top of that, MS13 is barely a single gang. It’s more like a brand with hundreds of cliques spread around the country. They all see themselves as one but in practice they’re mostly not. Once in a while a few of them will commit some brutal murder that grabs headlines, making it seem like they’re all like that but they’re just not. I wonder if they gain more attention out in states and cities where there’s less competition for them. In LA no other gangs are in fear of MS13. I’m not saying they’re all soft but it’s not like they’re in a league of their own when it comes to fighting other gangs.

Nobody mistake this for me DEFENDING MS13 as being good guys, I’m not. I don’t feel sorry for any of them that commit violent crimes and get deported. I just get tired of them being hyped up like they’re something they aren’t. They just happen to be a gang that recruits illegal immigrants which then get deported and spread the gang back in El Salvador and around the country which is why they get more attention.