Originally Posted by JC
Originally Posted by DiLorenzo
If they killed a boss without getting their bosses approval, they would have been killed right along side Caponigro !!

Funzi was every bit as powerful as the Chin, whether he was top boss, front boss, under boss, whatever, he was one of the biggest guys in the country. Come on, no one in Philly was ever going to get Funzi killed, I can't believe that anyone could think otherwise. Tony Bananas was lucky to live as long as he did, Ray DeCarlo wanted him dead back in the 60's. If it weren't for Bruno's relationship with Gerry Catena and his buying Gerry's machines, as Ray said in the Jersey Mafia, he would have been dead fifteen or twenty years earlier. No one in Philly was ever going to get anyone in the Genovese top echelon killed, that was never going to happen.

The more I think about it I feel that Funzi and Chin used Pete Casella ( via Bobby Manna ) to kill Testa That's the reason Casella was given the pass and sent to Florida. Bobby Manna's de facto headquarters in Hoboken was " Casella's Restaurant , and Martin (Motts) Casella was part of Bobby Manna's crew. The goal was to put Nicky Scarfo in the Boss position due to Manna's personal relationship with Nicky.

wise old owl sat on a oak , the more he heard the less he spoke , the less he spoke the more he heard , wasn't that a wise ole bird.