Originally Posted by Belmont
Im all for the second amendment but with logic. i have no problem with more indepth background checks and certainly no problem with longer waiting periods. Did any of you know that in certain states, if your guns get stolen or lost, you are NOT required to report to the police ! Thats insanity. Can you imagine if you had 30 high powered rifles and a bunch of hand guns that were stolen and you never had to report it. Or you could buy hundreds of guns and sell them illegally and if they get traced to you, you can just say they were stolen... how that can happen is a mystery.

I found out about some of the states not having the requirement to report stolen guns about a year ago, and I still cannot wrap my mind around it. It was a very 'what the fuck?' moment for me

Also, many states don't require you to register each individual gun, which is another mind blower. Every one of my guns needed to be registered and I think that's just common sense law.

Originally Posted by Belmont
The big gun control myth is this: states such as new jersey and new york that have tight gun control laws still have high levels of gun violence despite tough gun laws. What they dont say is the criminals travel to states with lax gun laws and buy them in those states. If every state had tighter gun laws, it would be much tougher for criminals to procure illegal guns.

Agree 100%. This is a no brainer. Where do people think illegal guns come from, gun fairies?

Last edited by helenwheels; 02/21/18 11:28 AM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?