I have no problem with tighter gun control. If they want to have more in depth background checks, have at it. When I applied fit my concealed, it took up to 60 or 90 days for the background check. When I bought my AK, it took a signature at a dealer and two days for shipping. Gun, magazines, and 1k rounds. If I was told that it would've taken 60-90 days for my background check, I wouldn't have complained. Those studies were done in other countries. The usa is a whole different kind of madness. Suicide by gun is the most effective, but if someone wants to die let them go. But guns aren't the problem. It wasn't until 1986 that full auto "machine guns"were banned from civilian sales. Granted with the proper permit, you can have one as well as suppressors. Kids weren't shooting up schools like they are now. What is causing all of this chaos? We need to get to the root of what is making these kids crack in such a sadistic manner. My point is, we can't just say guns are the problem and problem solved. Guns contributed as the weapon of choice. But these crazy fuckers are pulling the triggers. Another thing that will be difficult is the mental health background check. Good old HIPPA is going to get in the way, now we're infringing on people's health privacy. Come to think of it, say you have a seizure and go to the hospital. They have to notify the dmv and you lose your license for six months to see if you have another seizure. So why can't they do something similar to those with mental issues? But none of the six month thing, FOREVER!