Originally Posted by Footreads
It is possible to have both a mother and father and be by yourself most of you life until you got married.

That was my situation had trouble with Daddio. Took to many beatings from him so I ran away at 11 did not go back till after he was murdered. I was around 16. Nutty Ma and my brother stayed home and took the beatings that I missed. Ma did not want to live anymore after daddy went to hell.

But man could she cook before she died. That is what I missed most about Ma her cooking.

I have 4 grown up children. Three of whom can’t stay married to the same person. My older brother is a 4 time loser.

I got married a short time after I moved to Brooklyn been happy with her ever since. She was not always happy with me, but she stayed with me that knucklehead.

My friends that are still alive are all divorced. My wife’s friends she has a lot of them have all been married over 50 years I used to hate to go out with them because they feel they have to divide the check I used to someone picking up the check. But they are starting to grow on me.

She has one friend that never remarried after her husband passed away. What a character she is funny and very pretty.

I don’t think people feel the need to be married any more white, black or Chinese.

You and a few others actually understand it. It's like common sense is a superpower nowadays.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb