Originally Posted by dl
diximafia, is your expectation of a hung jury or acquittal based on statistics? I'm relatively new to this and I'm not criticizing or arguing, just curious. I hope he's acquitted, mostly because I think prosecutors are untrustworthy.

Thanks.

It doesn't happen that the jury will go from one way (hung jury) to swing to guilty just because the judge tells them to keep trying. The Feds did not make a great case with a solid witness.

Originally Posted by JC
They are never going to get a conviction? Come on man, use your head. He has already done major time. He is very high profile and the Feds hate him. He has no sustainable rackets and is always looking for the quick buck. The Feds are never going to stop going after him. He is going to expose himself again and he is going to get indicted again. Eventually the orange guy or Freddy Krueger is going to have to take his spot.

As long as Rubeo is their "star witness" they'll never get a conviction in this case. I didn't say he'll never get nailed because eventually he will, but I seriously doubt it will be this case.