My family and relatives were ALL proud of our heritage. It's been very special to all of us, knowing where we came from, and our family's history. My father, tho came here very young, was born in Trapani, Sicily and both sets of grandparents born/raised in Sicily. We were brought up and raised to have pride in our heritage. Some times I think about by grandparents/father coming to America and imagine how scary it must have been, not knowing the language, coming to a strange land. It took much courage. As a matter of fact, every time I see the scene from GFII with young Vito on the ship passing Statue of Liberty, and I see the looks of fear, awe on the passengers faces, I always assume that could be my grandparents/father at the time they came.

FWIW, years ago I found and ordered the ship manifests of my grandparents/father from 1921 on Ellis Island site. Their ship was named the "Regina Italia." Yea, I'm proud of my heritage. It's a part of me.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon