Quote:
Originally posted by suspect_5:
[quote]Originally posted by svsg:
[b]
b)Have subtitles on. Eventhough the movie is in english, some of the dialogue is tough to follow, as the accent is scottish.
Hey look Irish someone else agree's with you.
No offence I just always snicker when someone says that they can't understand Scottish or Irish accents, hell I've even heard people say they can't understand British accents. I've just never had the problem I guess...but Pikey's (Snatch) should have subtitles not even I can grasp that language. [/b][/quote]I'm the same way... I've never had trouble with accents. Although I always reccomend to friends that they watch Fear and Loathing with subtitles when they watch it the SECOND time. You miss so many jokes and great lines the first time, that get lost in the excitement and in the mumbled dialouge. Although, aside from that, the film should never be seen again with subtitles... I think I'd rather they just read the book, which is when I picked up on lines that I couldn't make out in Depp/Del Toro's mumbled dialouge (ala, "Dogs fucked the Pope, no fault of mine!... I crack up at that everytime, just knowing what he is saying, and everyone else in the room just glances at me, as if they didn't catch what he said).

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."