Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
He was one of the riches made members for his time. It is hard to give a definite answer on his much the gas tax scam made, but at least a little over one million a week at its peak which had to be divided between those involved. I would not be surprised if he contributed a nice chunk of his stash money to law enforcement when he left the life.

Makes you wonder how much the bosses were making if some of the soldiers and capos were making possibly millions of dollars a month. And Franzese said he was giving Persico around $2 mill a week while they had the operation up and running. I haven’t really seen anybody call him out on the numbers when he says they were taking in anywhere from 4-10 mill a week from his portion of the operation. I know Casso and Furnari had their own gas operation going as well but maybe because they might’ve came in a little later than Franzese, they weren’t making as much from it as him. But either way, they all had operations outside of the gas business that I’m sure netted them a significant amount of income on top of the cash flow from the gasoline racket. Casso said in his 60 minutes interview that he would make $5 mill a year from the garmet district alone. If anyone has the link to the full 60 minutes interview of Casso then feel free to put it in here would love to see it.