@doggstyle

That's precisely what I mean.... These are usually hard numbers, and assets you can TOUCH. I don't think these numbers are made up. And you see it pretty regularly with these drug clans.

Like the Polverinos from what I understand were a cadet branch of the Nuvolettas, kinda how DiLauro started as a lieutenant for another boss, LaMonica, I think. And they are saying they took a BILLION off of em. These people were the most sophisticated street traffickers I've heard about. They let the COMMUNITY, like regular people invest in cocaine like a STOCK,(!!!!)
and they paid out. So they always had a ready source of capital to make large buys, it's like skimming a union with no Union.

I don't get the less organized thing, honestly.....

(Also, These clans in their prime, I'm not talking about 2018, were running huge retail operations that were serving, ALL OF EUROPE, they came from all over....they were making really big money...)

“The Nuvolettas, in cooperation with the Nettuno and Polverino subclans, also altered narcotraffic investment strategies, creating a popular shareholding system for cocaine. A 2004 Naples DDA investigation revealed that the clan was allowing everyone to participate in the acquisition of cocaine via intermediaries. Retirees, workers, and small businessmen would hand over money to agents, who then invested it in drug lots. If you invested your pension of 600 euros in cocaine, you’d double your money in a month. The only guarantee was the middleman’s word, but the investment proved regularly advantageous. The profit far outweighed the risk, especially compared with what one would have made in bank interest. The only disadvantage was organizational: small investors were often required to stash pats of cocaine—a way to distribute the supply and make it practically impossible to confiscate. By involving the lower-middle class, who were far removed from criminal activity but tired of trusting the banks with their assets, the Camorra clans increased the amount of capital available for investment. The Nuvoletta-Polverino group also metamorphosed retail distribution, making barbers and tanning centers the new cocaine retailers.