Originally Posted by Turnbull
Originally Posted by sbhc
Didn't Gravano state that Gotti was prob making between 5 and 6 million a year as boss?

If Franzese is to be beleved he was making that a week.

Yes--IF he is to be believed. I've seen that Franzese segment several times and heard his story about the gas tax racket. No doubt it was very lucrative, but exaggeration is always good for the exaggerator's TV ratings. And, even if it did pull in millions/week, it had to be whacked up with the Russkies and their bosses, as well as Franzese's hierarchy.

While we're on the subject of exaggeration: Much as I admire Joe Pistone's skills and courage in infiltrating the Bonannos, I never believed his story about the Commission putting a half-million dollar price on his head. The Commission doesn't have a war chest and a standing army to eliminate law enforcement officers (or anyone else). And, the only thing Dons have in common is greed, and distrust of each other. Why would any Dons contribute a dime to avenge a dumb-ass mistake made by the Bonnanos?

Dead on and just after Franzese went away there was not huge amount of cash flowing around Carmine Allie and Teddy’s legal financial interests.

Now don’t get me wrong as far as what the regular person or persons could tell they were doing well and were adding property and building on those property’s.

It was not five years till they started to show signs of not keeping what they had to a very high standard and this included getting rid of livestock and people that would take care of them.

Of course you would not see them not buying nice cars etc but the other stuff started to go and yes I know Carmine went away but if you are sitting on 75 million you are keeping your precious racing horses and other things that they had on the fringes for years.

When lil Allie boy got hit with the last pinch he had to sell things he would of never sold if they had 75 million in the chest .

Don’t get me wrong people in that life clam bankrupt all the time to look poor but it was more them that they almost lost the farm a couple of times .

Now I know there is money because all of a sudden things get paid and lawyers get there money and they are building real estate and rental units on it by the city block with Michael away and they always come out ahead.

But like Turnbull said it’s all exaggerated !

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."