Originally Posted by helenwheels
I agree about the split in the GOP being a good thing...I'd like to see more viable political parties than just the two we currently have

I'll admit i am confused by your comments on supporting free trade with protection for local jobs. Protective measures do restict free trade. How would you accomplish both?

That is the hard part, because some jobs will be eliminated and others will be created. These free trade agreements are designed to create more prosperity for corporations ,in which I have nothing against; but little goes to the workers affected. This is where they(corporations) should strike a balance by either compensating workers or help them get another job.
Maybe imposing limits on outsourcing jobs abroad may help as well. I don't profess to have all the solutions but seeing jobs go abroad and having families in america struggling to make ends meet is not the answer. Things could not go on like this indefinitely.
This is why something new had to be done.Let's see if this Trump experiment will work.

Last edited by Ciment; 02/09/18 01:24 PM.