2001: A Space Odyssey - (Stanley Kubrick;1968;UK/USA)
In 1999 a monolith is found on the moon that sends a signal to Jupiter. In 2001 a mission is set to investigate Jupiter until the computer HAL 9000 causes problems.
One of the best films ever made, and I say this referring to the ten best. Much of this feels like pure cinema, and in that way it feels like a silent film with the lack of dialogue in many of it's scenes. I thought this would be a long film I wouldn't enjoy as much as Kubrick's other films but I was hooked to the screen. It's amazing how a decade before Star Wars, this looks better and is more realistic to space. The final segment with the stargate journey is one of the most captivating scenes in cinema. Kubrick's most meticulous film, and it comes out as his best. I can't even come up with any criticism. I love the scene inside HAL's "brain."

I'm gonna play Pink Floyd's song "Echoes" to the "Jupiter & Beyond the Infinite" segment of the film, which supposedly synchronizes. (Pink Floyd declined to compose music for the film, though they later regretted it)

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006