Originally Posted by helenwheels
what party do I support? Does criticizing Fox news make one a democrat?

That's why people should avoid deductive reasoning, and it's resulting false assumptions. I've voted for candidates in both major parties, and for third party on numerous occasions.

I've been a long term free speech and freedom of religion advocate. All speech. All religions. I strongly support the 2A, and own more guns than most people. I'm strongly pro choice. I support a strong military, but I despise authoritarianism. I don't use the term deplorables. I dislike both the hard left and the hard right, and believe in horseshoe theory regarding politics. But please, go on and on....just don't assume. Try asking instead.

I did not judge you only on FOX news remark but on your overall statements as a whole. From your past statements you seem quick to defend democrats with leftist views and reluctant to give any credit to Trump.So it was fair for me to surmise that you support the democratic party. In my opinion, the democratic party has been taken over by leftists and it is not the same party it used to be when John Kennedy was president .
If it is true that you support everything you say up above then we are not too far apart politically.
I also despise authoritarianism but where does this fit in the grand scheme of what we are discussing.
I hope your not implying Trump of being one.