Originally Posted by Ravens410
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Everyone knows Merlino is guilty of all the charges yet he still has his loyal disciples defending him and dismissing the Feds case because of technicalities.

I know, proof beyond reasonable doubt etc. etc.

In which case.

Where would these Merlino groupies morals stand if, say, a pedophile or rapist was acquitted on a technicality or some other fluke?

Yeah, because comparing gambling and insurance fraud charges to pedophlia charge is the same thing.

There was a pedophile priest in Boston sentenced to 10 years in prison in 2002 for grabbing a 10 year old boys ass over 10 years prior.

Going purely by guidelines and statutes it was a harsh sentence but everyone knew he was guilty of raping kids for over 30 years.

It's the same thing here except we're swapping a pedophile priest for a career criminal suspected in over a dozen murders (and, no, not all of his crimes and murders affect just other criminals).

And it's knowingly obtuse to condense his charges to "gambling" and "forged prescriptions". The guy came off a lenient prison sentence and immediately went back to breaking parole conditions by consorting with other mobsters in the open (John Ciancaglini), although he tried, and failed, to be less brazen.

He's caught red-handed on tape talking about murders, talking about being in the mob; ensconced in racketeering.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.