@ m2w

I got a question for you...

Where would you rank the Camorras control of high fashion amongst mafia rackets? To my eyes, it's like controlling the Garment Center in NYC with no labor union. And this doesn't really go anywhere....are they losing ground to the Chinese there?
It's one of the things Saviano emphasized, cloths and drugs, that these were the the staples of the Camorra.

The Piromallis have a huge agricultural business, but I don't think this would matter if they didn't have access to the US, Germany, e c t .....to get their products in large supermarkets and whatnot....

Also, I think we have to consider the timelines. In the late 90s- early 2000s, the Sicilians were weaker, and the Camorra and Calabrese were bigger in drugs. I think they WERE stronger then.

To me it's similar to the sixties when they were in disarray after Cavataio and his games. The big money was in Naples, so they initiated some camorristi so as to gain access to the market. During this time Zaza certainly was on par with the top Mafiosi of his time, money wise, though he didn't have the Masonic links guys like Greco and Bontade had....