Originally Posted by WhackWhack
Gaspipe Casso and Sammy the Rat are the exact reasons why I have much respect for people like Vic Amuso, Frankie Loc, Vinny Gorgeous etc....stand up men of honor who took their punishment like MEN. Gaspipe and Gravano were murderous psychopaths and took the easy way out.

And was it true that before Casso flipped the Feds offered him a 22 year plea?!? I read it in the Carlo gaspipe book but find that hard to believe. If he really was offered a 22 year plea and he turned it down and decided to inform that is the definition of poetic justice. If Casso took the 22 year deal in 93 he would have probably got out in 20 years...so around 2013,2014. He would have still had his reputation and respect/honor not to mention Would have been free and back on the streets which is the whole reason why he turned rat. He would have came out as the UB/Street Boss and would have been even more powerful with Amuso in for life.

I don't often feel mobsters are hard done by, but in Locascio's case, he can certainly feel aggrieved and guilty by association.

In Vinny's case, would the Feds even be interested if he was amenable to ratting?

They got everything they wanted from Massino and Vitale. Mancuso and Urso were sent down, the family was decimated. What could Basciano bring to the table?

Also, the guy plotted to kill a federal prosecutor.

They would be no more interested in him ratting with that track record than they were with guys like Casso.

Amuso is OG.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.