Through the years I would have to say that some members are always put in between a rock and a hard place MANY times. The obvious one is when they themself are facing a LONG prison sentence and ponder whether they should honor omerta or make a deal?

Omerta use to have its perks supposedly. It was suppose to equate into keeping a closed mouth would afford your family on the outside to be taken care of. Not no more. Although I did here about Tino Fiamura remaining loyal to Bobby Manna while he was in the can.
I am sure there are other examples but I often wonder how much help Gene Gotti received for honoring omerta and doing his time like a man?

I guess I would classify a brazen act as someone who is about to defy a superior order from either their Capo, Underboss/Consig or Boss, KNOWING that by obeying it, it could lead to a bad outcome or by not obeying it,it could elevate their own rank within LCN.

What comes to mind is Joe Colombo's refusal to take part in Magliocco and Bonnano's plot to kill Luchesse and Gambino......That was an extremely bold move that paid off immensely for a short while.

I wonder how was Colombo so sure that by revealing this plot, that Gambino and Luchesse would accept it as fact? They could have interpreted it as Colombo himself being power hungry and rejected it's validity.

Can anyone else think of such scenario's that members attempted such a brazen act and succeeded?

Scenarios like when Gotti took out Paul & Gambino taking out Anastasia are more of a kill or be killed scenario.

I wanna hear of a few scenarios of members who risked it all on a chance they would be crossed.

Thanks

Love hearing different perspectives.