Originally Posted by doggystyle
I dont know about Bumpy Johnsons ending but for me Frank Matthews was the only black guy who was a real top criminal. Frank Lucas snitched, Nicky Barnes snitched,,,,, Alpo , Richie , all them other guys either died before their 30's or ended up in prison, Rayful Edmond is worth mentioning to that guy moved about a ton coke a week thats playing in the Ivy League.

Sorry if i fucked this thread up by changin the subject.

There were quite alot of other guys from the 1960s and 70s such as Henry Marzette, Fatman Eddie Jackson, Linwood "Big Boy" Gray, Ike Atkinson and also I would definatley put certain black muslim sects like the philadelphia black mafia.

Baltimore and Detroit definately has what I would call high level kingpins involved in trafficking mass quantities of drugs. Baltimore city paper used to have really great investigative pieces on drug trafficking in bmore, very similar to the gangland column. Heres a guy who was targetted by the feds but was never charged.

http://www.citypaper.com/bcp-cms-1-1602397-migrated-story-cp-20131218-mobs-20131218-story.html