Originally Posted by Ciment
It will be interesting to know if their rivals the United Nations will take advantage of this situation and strike when their down.
Also, will the Ontario Ndrangheta begin to apply more pressure on these guys now that their weaker ?

The July 30 article that Peter Edwards wrote last year ("Shootings, explosions, killings and the bloody fight to be ‘the next boss’ after mobster Vito Rizzuto’s death"; https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...s-after-mobster-vito-rizzutos-death.html) seems to suggest that the Wolf Pack was not only trying to push its way into the Greater Toronto Area but also the Niagara Region. I don't recall there being an article that specifically mentions such an incursion but I do see some hints of this happening. For example, Martino Caputo and Rabih Alkhalil were associated with Nick Nero, and those first two had ties to Larry Amero. So if there's a push into the Niagara Region, then the Wolf Pack 1) may be butting heads with the Musitano group and the Luppino-Violi group, which could be allies, or 2) may be butting heads with only the Luppino-Violi group if the Musitano group still has ties--even tenuous--with the Montreal Mafia faction that consisted of Rizzuto loyalists. But I don't see those two Hamilton-based groups being at odds just because Pat Musitano was on friendly terms with Vito Rizzuto and Francesco Arcadi in the late 1990s (and who knows what happened after Vito went away in 2004, after Pat and Angelo got out in 2006, and after Vito was released in 2012?).

The Wolf Pack may have issues with specific individuals or elements of the Greater Toronto Area Siderno Group (the Commisso brothers and their relatives) and with particular Cun-treras in Vaughan (in York Region). Edwards's article predicted that the 'ndrangheta and the Wolf Pack would each dig in its heels, and I think this is how the conflict will play out. The Commisso brothers are formidable, and I think Anastasios Leventis underestimated the possible retaliatory response from them. What is very intriguing about the article is that you can't tell whether Leventis was killed because he was trying to collect a drug debt from a Commisso or vice versa, but what we do know is that Leventis, who moved from Montreal to Toronto more than a year before the publication of Edwards's article, had moved to Toronto to collect drug debts owed to Montrealers. Was the GTA Siderno Group doing business with people in Montreal like Leventis's brother? Why would the 'ndrangheta try to stiff the Montrealers? And with which Montrealers was business being transacted?

Link to Edwards's article that was published earlier today:

College St. hitman charged in West Coast shootings

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2018/01/28/college-st-hitman-charged-in-west-coast-shootings.html

Last edited by antimafia; 01/28/18 08:17 PM. Reason: Added link to Peter Edwards's latest article.