http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2018/01/22/battue-a-lecole-car-elle-etait-la-fille-dun-mafieux

Beaten at school because she was the daughter of a mafia

She adored her father and followed him like a shadow. Milena Di Maulo, daughter of Joe Di Maulo, an influential member of the Montreal Mafia murdered at home in 2012, has seen all the colors.

She adored her father and followed him like a shadow. Milena Di Maulo, daughter of Joe Di Maulo, an influential member of the Montreal Mafia murdered at home in 2012 , has seen all the colors.

"I accompanied him everywhere until the age of 28, I had no choice. I saw things that really upset me, but other than that, I still had a good childhood. It was quite extravagant, money, travel, clothing, jewelry, it was glamorous, "says Milena Di Maulo in interview to Denis Levesque.

The latter confided to Maria Mourani, author of the book Milena Di Maulo Girl and woman mafiosi . "I wanted to talk about the private dimension. What is the role of women in the mafia? How do children live this? Milena was beaten at school, blamed because she was the daughter of a mafia. It's not easy for a child to live, "says Maria Mourani.
No monsters
Joe Di Maulo lived in crime, but did not want that life for his daughter. Milena had fallen in love with Frank Cotroni's son, Francesco, and married her despite his father's wishes.