Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Did the regional Italian background even matter after the 1930s? Capone was a Neapolitan, so I'm guessing in the Chi it didn't even matter before the '30s. It would seem that money was all that mattered once Masseria and Maranzano were taken out.

I agree with you also Oaks, and another proof for the was the non-Italian membership within their syndicate, not Cosa Nostra. I mean they had non-Italians at the top from the 1930's until the end of the 1980's and some of those guys were the biggest moneymakers and also some were even responsible for establishing some of the rackets. But still, they always managed to place some Sicilian big shot near the top so they can maintain the whole Cosa Nostra thing but by the end of the day, the Outfit started with complete non-Sicilian leadership, including Al Capone, Paul Ricca, Louis Campagna, Frank Nitto, Frank Rio etc. The so-called Sicilians arrived on the scene after the imprisonment of their whole top administration during the mid the 1940's but the thing was that most of those fellas such as Accardo, Giancana, Aiuppa etc. were completely Americanized and were brought in by non-Sicilians and some were even brought in by non-Italians, such as Aiuppa being brought by Johnny Moore aka Claude Maddox or Turk Torello by Joe Corngold etc.

Last edited by Toodoped; 01/22/18 06:23 PM.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good