Originally Posted by phillyguy39
New Years Eve brawl in the Ritz Carlton between Johnny Chang and Steve Casasanto. Steve Casasanto is the brother of John Casasanto who was killed a few years ago. Long story short from what I heard was that Steve Casasanto slapped the shit out of Johnny Chang and than spit right in his wives face. I guess there is some sort of bad blood between these guys. Maybe over real estate deal? Anyway I wonder what will come of this. Security was called in to break up this fiasco and the owner of the Ritz called the police to report.

Holy shit! This is big - thanks for sharing. Could in fact be a legit story because I know that's Johnny Chang and his wife and a group of friends were celebrating New Year's Eve at The Capital Grille, which is directly across Broad Street from The Ritz so they could have easily went across the street after dinner and to have drinks or whatever at The Ritz where they could have run into Stevie Gongs and his group leading to this apparent run-in with Johnny Chang. I'm really curious what this could be about. I'm guessing it wouldn't have anything to do with his brother Johnny Gong's murder because Johnny Chang was in prison at that point in time. This reminds me of a similar confrontation that supposedly occurred last year around the same time of year year with Johnny Chang and Joey Baldino (Phil Narducci's estranged newphew who works with Johnny Chang and was supposedly recently made) and John Garbarino and some other other 10th & O guys who were with Phil Narducci as well at a South Philly strip club (Cheerleaders I think). Apparently there's real bad blood between Johnny Chang and Phil Narducci stemming from his nephew Joey Baldino (his mother/family are next door neighbors with John and Kathy Chang on Syndenham Street in South Philly) and a disagreement that Joey Baldino had with his uncle Phil while Phil was finishing his prison stint and apparently Johnny Chang went to Phil to stand up for and defend Joey Baldino and act as a middle-man between Phil Narducci and his nephew Joey a Baldino, which infuriated Phil and told Johnny Chang to mind his own business and stay out of it. Ever since then there's been bad blood between Phil and Johnny Chang and from that point on Joey Baldino stopped working under/with his uncle Phil and started working for Johnny Chang who eventually proposed him for his button and got him made supposedly. So fast forward to the strip club incident and Johnny Chang and Baldino run into Narducci and Johnny Garbs and mouth off to them and apparently Baldino spit in his uncle Phil's face and it set off a huge brawl between the two groups. Apparently Johnny Chang didn't do a thing and stood to the side while Joey Baldino was getting his ass kicked and then it got broken up and Chang and Baldino just left and that was that didn't hear anything else after that. Sounds like a similar confrontation, which is why I bring it up. I don't know that much about Stevie Gongs or who deals with or runs with or even who he's "with" these days (there have been rumors that Stevie Gongs is made, but I tend to think he's just an Associate still), but it makes me wonder if he's with Phil Narducci and that crew and if that's what instigated this recent NYE confrontation at The Ritz. Or it could just simply be the result of bad dealings between the two and totally separate from any other people's beefs, etc. Anyways, that's pretty wild stuff and makes me wonder if it will lead to any serious reprocussions? For Johnny Chang to be disrespected so many times and not do anything about it wouldn't be a good look for an Underboss/high level Admin and would certainly warrant Johnny Chang to save face especially given the fact that he spit in his wife's face. I think anyone, mob guy or just a regular average Joe would need to save face and retaliate for someone spitting in their wife's face, but who knows, maybe he's taking the high-road? I would think if not a sanctioned hit then a severe beating would be in order. One thing is for sure though - these Casasanto fellas sure are ballsy and don't give a shit who they are disrespecting (remember Johnny Gongs Casasanto was banging Merlino's wife and would take her out to the bars and mock Joey Merlino to his friend's faces about the fact that he was banging Skinny's wife while he sat in prison)!