Getting Gotti - 1994

Starring Lorraine Bracco as Diane Giacalone, and Anthony John Denison as John Gotti

This show is based on a true story about an Italian woman who works for the Feds. It's based on her struggle on trying to convict John Gotti, someone she used to live by (in the same neighborhood). Throughout the movie, John Gotti and his crew basically treat her like shit. It's something you'll specifically notice during the court case.

*SPOILER*

In the movie, she spends about seven years in this single court case against Gotti and eventually loses the case because the jury was bribed. Nothing too exciting. I found myself drifting to sleep during this movie.

This movie is OK. I'd give it ** and recommend that if you watch it, rent it only. It's OK, but I wasn't too impressed by some of the acting and the dialogue. Plus, I'm not too certain about the movie's accuracy. There were a few parts which I know are true (like killing Big Paulie Castellano in broad day light).

Instead of seeing this show, I would recommend Gotti instead. Much better film, and it stars Armand Assante as John Gotti, and he does a good job. All in all, it's a better movie, as well.

I won this show (Getting Gotti) off an Ebay auction. I bid on it mainly due to seeing Lorraine Bracco on the cover. She isn't bad in this movie, but she's had better roles.

See Gotti instead.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin