Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
I'm going to try to watch III again. Just for the story. I'll try to ignore the bad acting. Although I think Neri turns in a fine performance. Old man was loyal to Michael to the end.

I think that the ultimate story of GFIII is ignored by so many of its viewers; they focus on casting and performances.

Michael sowed the seeds of his own demise and realized too late the consequences of the life he led and the deeds he committed. His silent scream is the epitome of the agony we all can feel about a wasted life. GFIII is instructive if nothing else.

While Godfather part III can be convoluted and unbalanced, we all can feel about the ultimate story, lesson and agony of Michael's horror metamorphosis and his wasted life

He paid dearly, deeply, even more so in part III – parading Mary and his family, resulting in her death and his own lonely, miserable death

“Your sins are terrible and it is just that you suffer” beyond redemption...

In fairness, I believe it was Vito who sowed the seeds with the baptism murders, leaving a murderous legacy for Michael

No doubt Michael's choices, decisions, deeds were good, bad and ugly However so were the circumstances Once in, downward spiral