@ Meyer

I DO think Conte was based mostly on Amato. The Savastanos are like a composite of the Licciardis and DiLauros.

I don't think it's a situation quite like Narcos, where the actor bodied it into a bag. And the third season suffered for it. The El Chapo actor is similarly killing it on that show.

Because it's more about the system. Example, the most interesting parts of the season for me wernt character based. It was watching Gennaro work the Funeral racket. It was Ciro in Bulgaria, how they went a little in depth on Human trafficking. It was watching Gennaro set up Labor racketeering in absence of Labor Unions. It was the grotesque, cartel-branding culture where they send each other pictures and videos of atrocities to try to cower the other side.

Apparently, as shown on El Chapo, they been doing this since VHS tapes??!
I like the drug clan politics in play.People that keep up with Canada should watch this show, as it illustrated vividly how quickly alliances change, and how deadly the game can be. Also for illustrating the profitability of drug trafficking. Gennaro said in a year he made his father in law like 90 million, even though he was trying to fuck him, lol....

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 01/08/18 06:42 AM.