Originally Posted By: fergie
Cool BF, I take your points, and I appreciate you'll definelty be more frustrated than me over finding a solution, just simply through experience if nothing else - it always seems straightforward offering ideas, but I do appreciate it's never just as easy as that. These kind of conversations inevitably always lead to some level of "blame" and that's something that I know isn't constructive. Ideally, I'd love everybody to meet in the middle - what changes would you like to see?

(And I'll watch the Reggie Yates today!)

Fergie
I would say look at each community individually. The scale of problems which contribute the most are in the largest communities. Whenever you read the stats about this amount of Blacks been killed and the Black homicide rate is higher than the national average, think geography. Literally about 65-75% of Black homicides happens in the same large cities discuss so much. In small cities like mine it's not that prolific all the time.

The social programs that have help shouls continue to be supported along with heavy emphasis on conflict resoluton with the youths, financial lessons on money management & economics, & continue to acknowledge & support of black owned businesses in those neighborhoods. There's more to be offered yet as we speak these ideas have already been spoke about and actions taken. Your not going to see an immediate turn around over night. All these problems manifested in decades ( before majority on this forum was born) and it will take the same length or twice the time to recover.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb