Hoodlum, good point, I don't want people shooting in their pants over the thread.

I never take offence and try and make it a rule to see EVERY topic from any angle others are coming from - and not to get too upset over any subject (apart from religion, but that's another topic! wink I don't want others ending up to upset either. Those that have read what I've posted will be able to guess what my intent is..they might well feel I'm right/wrong/don't know what I'm talking about, but it's certainly not to try and cause any distress.

Opinions are there to be expressed from everyone's perspective without trying to cause ill feeling and I always try to do that - and that means reading the intent behind just the words written down and not getting too personal or belittling anyone's opinion. Some topics get more heated than others, but it's not always very interesting agreeing about everything and talking about needlework and stock options either...

However, I do get your point - there's a balance to be struck somewhere between a "safe space" and just downright abuse and hopefully things can stay somewhere in the middle! I don't mind if the thread closes though, or if people want to continue with it in a level headed manner.