OakAsFan, I agree with you about people living in a box. I think it applies to both sides though.

My disagreement (I'm sure you saw it coming!) is the idea that white people are intrinsically privileged and that black people have everything stacked against them. I live in Florida, presumably a conservative state. Most of the homeless people I see are white. In my relatively wealthy neighborhood (don't assume that I'm bad because I'm in a wealthy neighborhood), probably 30% or more are black. For the record, I have only met 4 people from my neighborhood, and 3 of them are black. My next door neighbor, a black guy that I like a lot, makes more money than I will ever make. He makes more money than me because he's better than me at making money. Race is not a factor.

Using terms like "white male frat bros" is inflammatory and is deliberately antagonstic.

Of course there are college kids that have a better start than others. That's life. Sometimes it sucks. Racism, sexism, homophobia, transgenderism (is that a word) is not hiding around every corner.