Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
Originally Posted By: Ciment
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
The article was bland and rehashed as usual. The article didn't touch upon other known racketeers during each era. It's well known that Black racketeers have been in the wholesale distribution in Cocaine/Crack era and prostitution racket in Black communities is obviously still actively under their control. Corrupt public officials did take their money and still currently. What's missing is the other raxkets such as Arms-Trafficking, Money Laundering, Chop Shops, Counterfeiting, & frauds.

They need more researchers and column writers from the other side of the tracks per say.

I agree with you about information being rehashed in different articles.
Do you know of any good books that have been written about these other known Black racketeers or do you feel there is not enough material written about them ?

Policy Kings
Black Brothers Inc
I haven't been reading other titles but those 2 are informative. And yes there's isn't much written material pre-60s due to bigotry but post-60s increase the amount of research. Yet considerable amount into Street Gangs. I would check out Almighty Black P Stones too. Their history includes a small interactions with the Chicago Outfit.

Thanks for the info.