I feel like Ima start some major shit with this post, but here goes from John Roberts book....

“Many days my father would take me to the racetrack. It was the one thing he did that made him look almost happy. He loved the horses and was an excellent handicapper. I got my love of horses from him. Years later, when I bought my first horse, I thought of my father. It’s the one good thing he turned me on to that I thank him for.
My father really liked black music. Obviously, he ran the black bars, and that music is what we heard when we went in them. My father also liked black women. When he’d take me into the bars to collect the cigar boxes with the numbers money, he would tell Mr. Tut, “Watch Jon.”
Mr. Tut would sit me at the bar, get me a Coke, and my dad would disappear with a woman. He liked black music and black, black women. Italians don’t like to admit this, but in ancient times there was a black migration into Sicily. That’s why you see a lot of Italians with very dark complexions. There’s African blood mixed in all of us”

Excerpt From: Jon Roberts & Evan Wright. “American Desperado.” Crown Publishers, 2011-11-01. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/american-desperado/id422523338?mt=11