Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: antimafia
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: Ciment
The article mentions:

"According to police circles, Vittorio Mirarchi having gotten his freedom yesterday, is predicted to be the next godfather of the Montreal mafia."

I just find the comments by law enforcement to be premature. I do not think for a moment that the Rizzuto clan will accept him. Too much blood as been spilled, the sons of Sollecito,Cun-trera, Spagnolo,Rizzuto are still in play wanting to avenge their fathers deaths.Even if they do accept, it will only be temporary. What Mirarchi has got going for him are his connections with the Ontario Calabrians. I could also see some of the rival gangs unite behind him if he chooses to assume the position. It will also depend which sides the Hells will choose.
One thing for sure, whoever assumes the throne will be a marked man.

Agreed yet again. I think he has as much change of becoming the next godfather as Leonardo Rizzuto. He has too many enemies to be unanimously accepted as the supreme leader. It isn't even that long ago that there were reports stating that there wouldn't be another godfather and that the clans opposing the Rizzuto group wanted a horizontal structure. This article won't help much either. It's better to rise to the top silently. Perhaps a tactic applied by the police to stirr things up?

Speaking of which, during the Charbonneau hearings the RCMP stated that Le Clan Calabrais was in power. Then a year later Rizzuto came home and all of a sudden he was back on top again..

RCMP Corp. Linda Féquière made that statement on September 25, 2012 about the "Calabrian" clan (you know, the one led by Raynald Desjardins from Catanzaro). Rizzuto was released 10 days later on October 5. Di Maulo was killed November 4.

But, yes, I think that it would be safe to say that Rizzuto took about a year to perhaps gain back a bit of power that he once held and to feel comfortable being seen in certain places and travelling to them--he even visited York Region, the GTA Siderno Group's base, when he attended the wedding of Frank Campoli's daughter Jeanette on Saturday, September 14, 2013.

Yeah, I was mixing 2013 up with 2012. But this timeline makes their statement even more ironic. If Le Clan Calabrais was really in power then there was remarkably little opposition. Di Maulo killed as a sitting duck with no retribution. Then in January or February 2013 (your impeccable memory will correct me I'm sure) Rizzuto was seen out in the open with no bodyguards at Montreal airport and approachable by journalists. A fairly clear sign that at that stage he had regained a bit of power and felt comfortable traveling without security.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...-a-montreal.php

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2013/09...-a-vito-rizzuto

In the above article they mention that Vito bought a bullet proof vehicle.
Then they set fire to the place where he plays golf(article above).
I doubt that he was traveling without security.
I thing the journalist thing may have been planned(PR) to show he is now in charge.