No one had any money. So we did not even know we were poor. The neighborhood was crap, but we were fairly happy there. You could by a small pizza for 25 cents and a large pie for 50 cents. But who had that kind of money. Rent was 25 to 30 dollars a month. A lot of people bored the money to pay the rent interest Vig was 5 percent a week. After you paid it you still owed what you bored. You better have it or at least call and make arrangement to Pay.

If you didn’t someone would pay you a visit to your home. They would ask your wife for the money. Then they would leave with your living room lamps. Still don’t pay they come with a moving truck and take your furniture. Still don’t pay they would fuck your wife if she was nice in place of the vig. Still don’t pay they would turn your wife into a whore at 5 dollars a pop until the money was paid.

If you were an old women big Sam with slap her around.

I ran away from home at 11 to get away from a father who loved to hit his wife and kids.

Summer slept in Jefferson Park. Winter slept in the iron place barn. Place was full of rats. Same place joe Valachi slept when he was a kid.

Stayed away until some one murdered Daddio. Someone hung him then I went back home to try and help my older brother and my Ma.

After Daddio dead she did not want to live anymore. She actually loved that idiot. He made sure she was dependent on him for everything.

Loved that place as a kid still do

only the unloved hate